Friday, September 7, 2007

tools -- additional basics

Okay, so we've gone through a couple of projects and it's apparent that there are a few more tools that may not be absolutely necessary, but that sure would be nice. Either that, or they are the advanced version of the tools you have in your portable toolbox. These are the things that catch our eye while we are shopping for something else and make a lot of sense, so they go in the cart. They are not whimsical purchases though; even if you only use them once in a while they're totally worth it.

Heavy Duty Level 24 - 48 inches, aluminum
Carpenter's Square
Chalk Line
Large Crowbar
Drilling Hammer
Cold Chisel
for metal
Masonry Chisel for stone
Bolt Cutter saves a lot of hacksawing
Pipe Cutters one for PVC, one for metal
Coping Saw
Block Plane
Surform Shaver
(like a plane but uses a serrated face to cut away material)
Hole Saw(see interior door handles)
Masonry Drill Bits
Metal Shears
(or tinsnips)
Studfinder
Kneepads
(good ones are expensive, but boy you'll be happy)
Telescoping Ladder
Bench Vise
(hope you have a workbench to attach it to)
Misc Clamps




1 comment:

yourdaddy said...

One day, I was giving a friend my old boat trailer. He came over and needed to borrow a heavy wrench to remove the hitch that was not compatible with his rig. The only wrench I had was not nearly big enough and he proceed to wrap his knuckles. He chastised me for not having what he needed and I responded: "I'm sorry, my daddy died and left me all the wrong tools!


StatCounter